Five Tips to Jump Start Your Social Media Marketing Today!

As a small business owner, you are always on the lookout for new strategies to grow your business. Social media can help your business build relations with existing clients and reach new customers. With COVID-19 pushing more and more businesses online, here are five tips to help jump start your digital social media strategy today!


  1. Create a Plan

Creating a social media plan with monthly or quarterly goals will help your business in the long-term. Your goals should be SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. For example, setting a goal to ‘reach 200 followers in three months is more useful than having a goal of ‘increasing followers’, and can help direct your efforts to reach that specific number of followers.


  1. Know Your Audience

Understanding who your customers are, how they spend their time, and what they like, and dislike can help you effectively target your social media marketing efforts. Moreover, these insights allow you to choose which platforms are most appropriate for your business. If your customers are younger and enjoy interacting with photos and short videos, you know to use platforms like Instagram and TikTok.


  1. Build Relationships

Once you have chosen the right platforms to interact with your customers, begin building meaningful long-term relationships by replying to their comments, implementing their suggestions, and starting conversations with them whenever possible.


  1. Focus on Quality Over Quantity

Always remember that your customer’s social media feed is flooded with content from hundreds of other businesses. So, make sure to take a step back and make sure your posts are focused on quality, not quantity. Try using the 80-20 rule where 80 percent of your content informs, educates, or entertains your audience. Use the other 20 percent of content to promote your brand or sell your products. Remember that your audience is likely to engage with your brand if it has consistent messaging, tone of voice and visual identity. These elements should be identifiable across all of your content.


  1. Track and Refine Your Performance

As you implement your social strategy, it’s important to keep track of what works and what doesn’t. You can then fine-tune your efforts and improve results. For example, if you see that your followers engage the most with shorter posts, consider making your future posts smaller to better suit their needs. There are plenty of social media analytics tools to help you with your customer insights.

Privacy Preference Center

%d bloggers like this: